Requirements for All Volunteers
Volunteer/Personnel Screening & Training
In order to assure the safety of our children, the Collaborative Parishes of Sacred Heart and Saint Thomas More as well as Sacred Heart School maintain Children Safety Policies.
Requirements for Church and School Volunteers and Staff
In order to assure the safety of our children, our Collaborative is dedicated to ensure that all clergy, educators, volunteers, parish and school staff are properly screened by evaluating each individual’s CORI (criminal offender record information).
1. One CORI must be completed by each staff member and volunteer annually . Please return the completed form in person with a valid ID to the collaborative office. For the convenience of our parishioners, the current CORI form is posted here or you may obtain a current CORI form at the collaborative office.
2. All are also required to sign the current Code of Ministerial Behavior which must be on file with the Collaborative Office for each person active in ministry.
3. And finally, each person must have attended the prevention and awareness training “Protecting God’s Children” and evidence must be on file with Parish.
To view the Archdiocese of Boston Policy on the following please click here
- Education/Protecting God's Children for Adults
- Reporting Child Abuse
- Diocese Offices and Contacts
- Resources: phone #s & websites
All school and parish volunteers must attend VIRTUS training. If you plan to serve as a volunteer in the school and/or parish this year, please choose to attend one of these VIRTUS sessions.
VIRTUS training sessions will be held at Sacred Heart Lower Church Hall on
September 26th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm and October 3rd from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
VIRTUS training sessions will be held at Saint Thomas More Church Hall on
October 9th from 1:00 pm -3:00 pm and on October 16th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm