SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES: Throughout the year, there are many opportunities for Christian service in which candidates are invited to participate for service hours. Such opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Teen Lectors: Proclaiming the Word of God at Sunday Mass is a great privilege. If you feel called to read at our weekend liturgies, please contact Father Sean or Maureen at the collaborative office.
- Church Choirs: elementary and middle school children sing at the family Masses, while high school teens are invited to sing at the 11:30 am Sunday Mass at Sacred Heart Church.
- Vacation Bible School: needs many volunteers to be successful. Young Disciples are needed to serve as group leaders, assistants in each station, food servers and more.
- Christmas & Easter Drives: to collect donations and coordinate delivery from parishioners for My Brother’s Keeper, nursing homes, and our homebound parishioners.
- Lenten Stations of the Cross: All youth in our collaborative parishes are encouraged to serve as greeters, readers and food servers on the Fridays in Lent.
- Living Stations of the Cross: On Good Friday, our youth enact the Stations of the Cross. Participation includes practices about two weeks prior to “living out” the Stations on Good Friday.
- Senior Dinners: Teens and their families are invited to set up and serve at this monthly meal.
The Inn at Sacred Heart will be opening later this year. Many, many volunteers will be needed to ensure the success of this new outreach. Watch this space for upcoming service opportunities.